Why is Laser Periodontal Therapy (LPT) Better?
“If I was a patient with gum disease this would be my first choice for treatment! Knowing all that I know about this procedure and the incredible results, I must provide what I would want for myself!” – Dr. Glass
WHY IS Laser Periodontal Therapy (LPT) better?
- The Laser New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) that we provide is the only FDA approved Laser Treatment Protocol!
- LPT™ is about as easy as erasing a blackboard — there’s no cutting and no suturing.
- There’s much less discomfort with LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY™ than with standard surgery — during and after the procedure.
- It takes less time than traditional surgery. All it takes is two 2-hour visits to the dentist and two follow up visits. Traditional surgery requires four sessions of about one hour each, with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ups.
- LPT™ gives better, longer-lasting results. In fact, 98% of LPT™ treated patients remain stable after five years, while only 5% reportedly remain stable after surgery.
- Following traditional surgery, recovery can take between to 2-4 weeks during which patients can experience considerable pain and swelling, where they may be restricted to liquid or soft diets. This is not the case with LPT™.
- There’s less than 24 hour recovery period, so you won’t lose time from work.